Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

11/25/11 Friday

There is so much to be grateful for, almost to much to list, but I thought I'd post a few things;
Jewel's big smile and her sparkling eyes filled with wonder.
She tells us daily that she loves us.
The laughter she shares with her sisters as it rings through our home.
The fact that she can scream for us by name from the bed room.
On the 15th of this month we went to Shriners Hospital for Children and they said that she was doing well.
Dr. said that her spine was straight and that the x-rays showed that the balls of her hips were more in the sockets than out, as shown in the prior x-rays.  He said that Jewel has always been making gains since he met her.  Such a good report!
She is reading more, and figuring out the stringing of sounds together make words.
She is starting to say, "th" correctly.
She does not have accidents and is completely potty trained~ Yes!
She takes, Calm a relaxing magnesium supplement by Peter Gillham.  This balances calcium intake and restores healthy magnesium levels.  Thus the result is a calmer body and less ridged tight tone and spasticity.   I make three ounces each morning with a teaspoon of powder and as the drink cools, she takes sips through out the day.  Jewel calls this, 'terrible water' because of the taste but it has an amazing calming affect on her body's muscles.
She has made some huge strides in math, finally showing a comprehension of simple addition.
When she does not understand, she is quick to tell us, "don't get it."
She is medication free.
She lives at home and is able to home school.
She has a friend Ava, whom she loves :)
Her temper tantrums have subsided because she is able to tell us what she needs and we can mostly understand her speech now.
She is bluntly honest.  When we were talking about my orange sparkled painted toes, she said; "look like doo doo, sorry.  I like dark purple better."
I am grateful for Jewels delight in Christmas and her ability to beg for the Christmas lights to go up.  She found a co-conspirator in Raven and two weeks ago the Christmas lights were hung off our lanai/balcony and inside our living room.  Every night she demands that the, "out side lights on, lights on please!"  She had the lights up in the beginning of November and she had Makena write her Christmas list for her.  Days ago she got some one to hang the stockings up.  She can be so focused and a little task master, as she daily calls for; "play doll, dance!"

I am grateful for my family who is committed in keeping Jewel healthy, happy, strong. -Thank you Gary, Makena and Raven.
I am grateful for the gift of prayer and miracles. -Thank you to all those who have and still keep Jewel in their prayers, thus constantly cover her.
I am grateful for how she has changed me into a better person. -Thank you Jewel.
I am grateful for those professionals who have taught us all how better to help her. - Thank you Carol, Susan, Miguel, Crystal, Beth, Mathew, Angela, Angie, Amanda,... and some I can not recall at this time.
I am grateful for those in our community who have come along side her to help her.  Some do not charge for their services because they want to help and they believe in her.  -Jimmy, John, Kim, John C., Cindy
I am grateful for Jewel's dream to be a Hula dancer.
I am grateful for Cindy taking Jewel horseback riding years ago and teaching us so much.  She tirelessly has come along side us and pushed us all.  She was the reason Jewel go to achieve her dream of riding in the fourth of July Rodeo parade!
Thank you for the team that helped Jewel and Cookie Dough aka Billy in the parade; Kandi, Cindy, Carie, Yvonne, and Raven.
I am grateful that Cookie Dough still is able to take Jewel riding on his back.
I am grateful that our neighbor is happy to help lead the old horse so that Raven and Jewel can keep on with our Hippo-therapy. -Thank you Lindsey.
I am grateful that the owner of the horse believes in Hippo-therapy and has helped us keep Jewel's hips healthy.  She has never charged us, she just opened her heart to us.  -Thanky you Kandi.
I am grateful for the couple who bought Jewel her gait trainer.  -Thank you Gill and Marian Levitt.
I am grateful for Jewel's dog Grace and those who trained her and us at HCI, Hawaii Canines for Independence. -Mo, Kate, Kathy, Elise, Kimmy, Donna, ...
I am grateful for Camp Imua and the experiences it has given to Makena, Raven, Jewel and myself.  Thank you Imau Family Services all the staff,  sponsors & donors.
I am grateful for all the lessons and trials for they have brought us all closer as a family and as a community.  We have grown stronger, kinder, more compassionate, more patient, more understanding, filled with more joy, laughter and forgiveness and so much more.
I am grateful for Shriners and Dr. Pellette.
I am grateful for Dr. Mc Donald.

I am grateful for today and all the gifts it brings with it :)
Let us take nothing for granted for even the smallest act of kindness can make the largest impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment