Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pancakes for dinner

12/1/11 Thursday
Happy December first!
Woke up this morning to Jewel calling, "tree,tree, tree, tree, tree,...I want a tree, ... get up and get tree please, Grace wants tree, Makena wants tree, Raven wants tree!"
"Get tree now!"
At first I did not quite make out what she was saying and then I got it loud and clear.
One thing that is so wonderful about Jewel is that she is very persistent and will never give up or be broken.
So if by the fifteenth, "tree" if at first I did not understand, she would not give up until I got it. :)

I am thankful for this speech.

For dinner this evening I said, left overs for everyone, pick something and Jewel kept shouting something.
Was it, "bake cake?"  Did she want me to bake a cake?
Jewel said, "No"
Was it, "blanket?"  Was she cold?
Jewel said, "Not cold"
Back and forth I tried and tried, then I called Raven in to decipher, and still nothing.
Then she said, "look" and we looked around by the table and there was a Bisquick box with the image of a Pancake on it, and we yelled, "do you want pancake for dinner?!"
"Yes, ban cake".
Oh, the beauty of speech, to speak and be heard.
We still need to work on her "p" - this is evident and pancakes made a perfect dinner this first of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment