Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hips, spasms and hippo-therapy

Last night (17) at 11:20pm Jewel's hips were spasming something fierce,a storm of spasms. I kept her in her swash hip abductor brace and they subsided and we were able to get back to sleep. I never get up and turn on the lights, I always keep the lights off and try to get her back to sleep.
Today; Tuesday 18th of January. As we were leaving the house to go to the horses Jewel said, "hug Grace". Grace is Jeweliana's companion therapy dog. Jewel calls Grace her sister, as of late she has become her Dragon, "dwagon". Jewel loves Grace and feels the unconditional and non-judgemental love and support from Grace. Jewel got to ride Billy aka Cookie dough,for 20 minutes. Cindy lead the old quarter horse and Raven and I flanked the saddle, giving Jewel some support on her arms. She was in high spirits,sat up tall and strong, collapsed and fought to get her posture back. She tired out but all in all kept her spirits high. Another great day. Tired. Going to bed. Jewel is already in her brace and in bed. Thanks to Shriners children's hospital for the brace, and it was no charge to us. Jewel informed us that she wants a dragon birthday cake and wants to invite Ava to her birthday. Jewel will be ten in a few short weeks. She always knows exactly what she wants, and it is always simple, symmetric and uncomplicated. If you have a special child, I hope you are checking out what Shriners has to offer. I hated the first doctor and did not trust her, she made me cry. She transfered and now we have Dr. Pellete, whom I totally trust with Jewelinana's care. Dr. Pellete is honest and I feel safe with him, he cares for Jewel and does not push anything on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment