Monday, January 24, 2011

Day one in big girl panties 1/24/11

1/24/2011 Monday
I wrote a small entry a couple of days ago and hit the save and post buttons, then some how managed to loose the post, dang! I just know I had something important to say, but I was tired then as I am now and just can not recall much.
Billy lost his shoe and Kandi just had him re-shoed, she looks so handsome and beautiful. Raven & I have been diligently feeding Billy aka Cookie dough, to keep him healthy, he tends to be too skinny. We have learnt to groom him and he has brought so much magic into our lives. Had some rough nights, Jewel has been waking a lot and her discomfort & spasms in her hips keeps me up. I usually rotate her and try re-positioning. Today she made 1hr 40min. in her super stand. It is a piece of equipment that lays down flat, we strap her in and then put it into a vertical position. This helps with correct positioning, and bone compression. We have to put her AFO's on, they are a fiberglass outer shell that keep her feet flexed and give the ankle support so that they do not buckle under her. The kids in Kihei from Hope Chapel did a fundraiser collecting change and recycling cans till they had a couple of thousand dollars. They paid for Jewel's super stand and therapy sessions, it is a huge blessing.
Today Jewel has spent the whole day in "big girl" panties, her little mermaid underwear. She has gone to the toilet through out the day and they are still DRY!!!! Yipie :)
Well dreams need believes. I hope you are living your dreams. I rand into Darby at Costco, he is in charge of the Keiki dream program on Maui, kind of like make a wish foundation. He reminded me that as long as we believe we can, and never stop dreaming and believing, only we can make our dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment