Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trading for services

Thur. 1/27/11
When I arrived to pick Makena up from work she told me that there is a book in the library on how to blog. I may check out this book for some ideas, great suggestion Makena. I know that my blog has some spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors. I tend to censoring myself when I get caught up in my head, then when my heart is engaged I seem to set sail. Being able to consistently post is an accomplishment for me.  I hope our family on the mainland will check out my entries and feel a little included, kinda like a fly on the wall. I also hope that some one with a special needs child will be encouraged in some way. Jewel will be ten in less than a week, it has been a long journey and we are still learning to pushing beyond the Cerebral Palsy label.
Last night was a rough sleep for Jewel/me. He spasms kicked in, thank goodness for the hip abductor brace from Shriners. 11pm is when it started and it lasted into the wee hours. We awake tired but sometimes Jewel gets to sleep in and get some rest.
Today is day three for Jewel being in her big girly panties. Yay! :) No accidents either! Raven and I went to feed the horses, and as I was driving, Raven was texting Makena to give Jewel more water so that she can go pee. I love these girls, they are so attentive to each other especially their younger sissy! It takes love and compassion, patience and laughter to get through the day. Some days feel like weeks, today is another good day!
Raven and I went to feed the horses, we groomed Billy, aka Cookie Dough and he seemed to eat a little faster. We brought three bags of food to help with his food. I know that as he gets older Kandi will have to make some tough decisions about his quality of care and life. I trust her, she has a healthy balance of heart and mind. I was thinking of this yesterday and I cried for hours, I cant' imagine our world with out him, we love Billy and to me he is so much more than a horse. We love him and he has enriched our lives and helped Jewel so much. He is the only animal that we pray for!
No O/T because Crystal was sick, she is such an amazing therapist, an angel really! Hope you get better fast! xox We took Jewel to Dr. John the Chiropractor, her session was good, he found a little tickling was just enough of a distraction to do an adjustment. He is very gentle and careful with Jewel. Tickles with a purpose! They work well together, Jewel trust's Dr. John which allows their friendship to grow. Raven and I sit in the office and help with Jewel as needed. Dr. John does not charge us, so we do a trade. We clean his office, then he works on Jewel. All parties are happy.
Off to read to Jewel, hope you have a nice book that you are reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love you mom! I am so proud of you keeping up with this almost daily blog. You are amazing! I only wish that i could be as supportive of you as you were of me during my project 365.

    You are such a supermom and seeing you do verses with Jewel and Gracie made me so happy to be your daughter. Jewel, Raven and I are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete