Thursday, February 10, 2011

Teeth

2/10/11 Thursday
Teeth :)
I had to go to the dentist today, had yet another broken filling. So sad that I have neglected going to the dentist, always putting another bill first. I recommend taking care of your teeth, start today!
Healthy teeth = healthy body/peace/nice smile :)
I went to Dr. Gregory Alan Kealoha Hoke, DDS. He is tops!! He is genuinely kind, super gentle, he cares, his office clean, staff efficient in getting you in fast, has most modern equipment, speaks so that you understand, and he does not hurt you, I promise. I left feeling so relieved, committed to continue taking care of my teeth, and I did not feel robbed. I do not have any insurance and this speaks volumes. I highly recommend the dental services of Dentist Hoke. He also works on special needs children and autistic children. Jewel goes to the Pedodontic office and has only seen Dentist Sato. Maybe when Jewel is older we will go to Dentist Hoke! (note to self, think about this switch)
Hoke said that most children ingest enough tooth paste to have enough fluoride systemically in their systems. This means no need giving fluoride pills because they are ingesting enough from the fluoride toothpaste. We do not give any of our children fluoride since it is a heavy metal and heavy metals add to neurological issues. Cerebral Palsy is categorized as a neurological impairment / injury.

My friend's son has the autistic label. He said his cavities were ramped in the boy's mouth, even with good food choices & hygiene care. What worked for this boy is drinking water after every meal, the water helped rinse all food particles and sucking on an ice cube did the trick. This extra water changed the environment of his mouth. Lesson, drink plenty of water! Jewel does, she is constantly drinking, and we are constantly giving it to her, hopefully one day she can self feed and self quench :)

An apple a day keeps the dentist away! I've had my apple, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment