Saturday, February 5, 2011

Contentment

2/5/2011 Saturday
I woke up this morning feeling happy and content. I was not tired. I believe it is because my spirit was uplifted by watching The horse Boy documentary of the Isaacson family. This family travel to the end of the earth for their son's healing. The father believes and so does the mother or else they would not have gone to Mongolia to the horse shamans. Their son Rowan has the autistic label. The parents want healing for their son and each one verbalizes a wish, the father for the son to be able to ride on a horse independently and the mother wishes that her son can use the toilet to go number two. Their doubts come up along the journey yet they are still united as a family which is their strength. Rowan is healed of his tantrums and incontinence. He integrates in play with other children in Mongolia. Upon their return to Texas Rowan learns to ride a horse independently. Their dreaming, believing paid off! In the process of their journey the parents come closer to each other and watch a miracle happen as Rowan goes to the bathroom with intention :)
This fueled my spirit because it validates that the impossible is absolutely possible, just do not ever give up and keep looking and believing!
Tonight we watched Secretariat another great movie based on a true story and once again, against all odds the impossible becomes a reality. Every one says it is soo far fetched and the odds are against this family, this horse, this woman but she keeps her dream alive and she fights for her dream and never gives up. She shows me to focus with intention and attention, walking tall and taking chances in spite of what others may say. There will always be nay-sayers. Believe any way. Narrow the focus and make every action count towards the end goal and have some fun too. We learn through the fun and good times as well.
I realized that I have a follower, thank you Anne and Makena. I think any more would make me self-conscious and edit my self for them, I do not want this. I already have so much peer pressure that I feel. Today someone said to be careful about blogging because it could be dangerous and bring on a law suit. I live on this planet, and we are all interdependent at some point with each other. I rely on the organic farmer to be kind to his cows and feed them non GMO alfalfa so that I can buy his milk. The milk passes so many hands to get to my house and I am grateful for this, thank you organic farmers! I feel it is okay to mention people and their first names and omit last names to be respectful. I am not completely isolated so to be fair to to my post I need to be honest and transparent. Mentioning the people who are woven into our circle of life is only just.
Thank you to these extreme people who never give up and keep holding on to their dreams. You give me courage and light, being a great example and inspiration to me, and showing me the hard work that is entailed in making dreams come true.
I have traveled to the ends of the earth emotionally and I am on a spiritual journey keeping Jewel healthy & happy. We are a family that does almost everything together, though my older children are growing up I will not be sad or fearful because I believe that God is good and life is wonderful. I am thankful for our lives and the journey that we are on. I know that Jewel is making gains as she sleeps right now. It is day five that she is now going all day in her big girlie panties and on this wonderful note I bid you all to dream well, dream deep, dream high! xo

2 comments:

  1. Mom, i really enjoy reading your blog. Please also know that you have talked for a while about doing a blog, and you cannot just stop barely a month into it. So many people in the past have told you to do a blog or to write a book, and write now this is real life source/note material for the book. I know you can do it and continue to write it. You do not want to quit right now. (I sound like you telling jeweliana when she stirs 'you are asleep'. :P but anyway,) continue on your blog.

    I also found the horse movie encouraging, and remember that while not everyone will be able to comment on the blog right now, your friends are supporting you. One of them was the one that told you about the horse boy movie yes? I think so.

    Anyway, i just wanted to let you know i love you, and i hope you continue with the blog online and just keep on going. You cannot quit now. God has put this on your heart (and others) for a while (re; see first paragraph of this comment) and there is a reason this is on your heart. Go forth. FOR NARNIA! (ok, that was spazzy but its basically a catch phrase that can be said whenever encouragement is needed.)

    Also, about the sueing factor. The internet is so wide and vast I am positive that no one will sue you. To be sued means that a. they have to be able to find the blog, which as you have noted no one has lately (which you are ok of, which is cool.) To be sued means that when someone searches something in google this blog comes up on the first or second page, which yours does not come up at all yet. lol, i will find out how to add search words on the blogger so google may find it one day.

    anyway, i love you, and this blog is an encouragement and you have to keep going. think of it this way; you are writing for the world right now. they can reach it. and yet they can't. idk it is pretty cool.

    anyway, thank you for loving my sister with the vast and endless amount of love that you do. we are such a tight family and as i look back on the last 10 years of my life, and i look at my friends who do not have younger siblings or siblings with special needs i really do consider myself lucky. i shudder at the kind of selfish teenager i could be, unknowing that there are children just like me who are born differently but who are just as intelligent, smart and funny. Jewel has taught me all this and more.

    Ok, well if you knew i was still up and online you would probably not be happy. oops. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and I am proud that you are my daughter Makena, love Mom xx

    ReplyDelete