Friday, February 4, 2011

Ponderings

2/4/2011 Thur.
Aloha, just a short posting.
Well I have no followers, and I have decided that this is okay because I am posting this for me as well, and if it happens to help anyone then super! I guess this is a record of sorts, makes me slow down and think, reflect, feel and just be honest. Which can be scary because I have avoided looking at certain things like the possibility that Jewel will need help, some sort of aid for the rest of her life. This appears weak and weakness makes me fearful and vulnerable, especially since this is my heart. All our children are a form of our hearts walking around being lovely, being vulnerable to the world. And it is a mother's job to protect. How can I protect, provide for her always? The big questions are daunting. So I will just take it one day at a time and hope that the good Lord leads and provides. I will celebrate Jewel's gains, how ever small, to me they will be large like Olympic gold medals!
Today and yesterday her sessions with Crystal the O/T were phenomenal. She is working on siting up on her knees and then down again, yes I will assist as little as possible, but my protecting hands will be there to help :) 
Jewel's cold is leaving her body nicely.
Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark Syrup seems to be helping.
I hope being transparent helps you be honest and enjoy being you!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mom

    I do not think you are alone.

    I found this in five minutes of googling.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Guess-what-your-having-twins
    http://livingcerebralpalsy.com/
    http://myspellingsucks.com/
    http://www.medicalassistantschools.org/top_cerebral_palsy/

    Most of the blogs seem small enough that if you commented and said, something like "hi, i saw your blog. it is great. i really enjoyed the honesty in it. i have a blog about my youngest daughter and her journey with cerebral palsy. here is the link. jewelianahope.blogspot.com i would love if you could just take a look at it. and if you like it, share it on your blog too. thank you."

    it is a chance to make friends and to get more support, and find support in adult blogs of (mostly) women with cp

    ReplyDelete