Friday, February 11, 2011

Yet another day

2/11/2011 Friday

So much on my mind;
Was feeling frustrated with a family member yesterday, because they said they'd send a computer aid for Jewel. The aim was to help with her reading, I never asked for this, this was their idea. Three months later and it has not arrived and I figure it won't. It does not matter, but getting Jewel to look at the chalk board, point at the words and letters, make sure her eyes were looking, holding her head in the correct position in the wheel chair, AAAG very frustrating. Then I thought maybe if that person sent what they said they would, our reading lessons would be easier. Relying on others is frustrating. Whose to say that the gadget would work anyway! The grass always looks greener on the other side, but we know that when we get there it is not. You still have to water, work, weed etc . I will breath and let go of that idea and be content with what we have and trust that the answers and solutions will present themselves. :)
Will post more later, do not want to be late for work today!

Decided to call that person just encase they had sent it and just to clear up the communication. I was starting to think that I imagined the whole thing. It turns out that the i-pad is expensive and they can not afford it. I wish they had just told me that. I know that if it is important to Jewel's education the aids will come one way or another. Lesson to self: do not gift something that you can not afford and if things change just let the person know, they will understand.

So yesterday Cindy called me to tell me that her friend Martha really wanted to help Jewel. Martha has a niece in NY and she wants to do some sort of documentary on Jewel for fundraising purposes. So we decided that this was a great opportunity. As long as the documentary is positive and beautiful, something that can encourage others and show hope. We will see, I will keep you posted. The sky is the limits.

Got to take Grace out. But before I forget, today at the bank one of the branch personnel let me know that he was willing to fund raise for Jewel. If we know what adaptive equipment is needed for the horse, he is a canoe raiser and is willing to do this to help. Whoop Whoop, wow when the gates of heaven open! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment