Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Heep of gratitude

2/16/11 Wednesday
Exhausted.
Thank goodness for black tea, and a heep of gratitude.
Day 23 in big girlie panties for Jewel. What a lovely happening to share :)
Raven and I fed the horses today, Billy aka Cookie Dough did not look good. He looked so tired and old. He just looked at the soaked food :( Maybe it is the humidity and the Vog that is getting to him. I do not think he drinks enough water and this makes me sad.
Jewel goes to the bathroom constantly with fewer false alarms. It is worth carrying her each time.
She had a great speech session with the speech and language pathologist. Beth is so gifted. Today she did rhyming words, yesterday she said lotion for the first time. Still working to get "th" -ir-"s" ty, lots of sounds to get in!
Today Beth (Aunty Beth),gave Jewel a belated birthday gift. It was a lovely blue Ariel Mermaid bag, with Jewel's name monogrammed on it. So Jewel wanted us to fill the bag up with all of her barbies, too cute. It is an under water cave now.
Thank goodness for talented and compassionate therapists. Thank goodness for Jewell's big sisters! Laughter amongst my girls is pure angelic sweetness. There is so much good that surrounds us amidst a world of turmoil. It was not too long ago when a child that was different was segregated from society and torn away from their family. How bless we are to be living in a country that respects our families wish to homeschool and care for our own. I am thankful for being alive in these times, where I can support our family and we can stay together.
I am learning not to judge. I am learning to be content. I am learning to delight in the moment with out projecting limiting expectations. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment