Wednesday, February 23, 2011

8am dentist

2/23/11 Wednesday
Love this poem; our deepest fear
one of my favorite lines; "...let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same...."

I have had some up and down days lately.
I have decided to enjoy my day because it is my duty to do so, since with freedom comes the responsibility to embrace the moments we have been given today.

There are a lot of fears and down moments that come like a robber and a thief, these fears come with all the uncertainties for the future. Every parent carries these for their children and even more so for those of us with a special needs child. I daily fight these dark thoughts because they are useless. Instead I cling to the joy and power of the moment, delight in our day and chase away the negative thoughts of what may be, what might have been.

Today I choose light, today I choose hope.

There are many frustrating moments with Jewel because she gets frustrated, or I can not understand her request, or I feel like I can not help her, or her body is not working the way she or I want it to. I can love her and she is loved. If only I can remember to breath and just love her in these moments of hopelessness. If only I can not judge the moments, and just be love!

In spite of all the limitations that confine Jewel physically, she has limitless opportunities and possibilities.

Yesterday we went to the dentist at 8am for a checkup, cleaning and fluoride treatment.
I always take the first appointment of the day, I always sit with her and never leave her in the chair. Jewel cried through the whole appointment and my words and explanations did not seem to comfort her this time, usually I can always reach her. It is worth the tears for Jewel has good strong teeth and I want to take good care of them. She has had a lot of dental work done as an infant due to all the medications given to her in the NICU, which caused brittle teeth. After may thousands of dollars her teeth have been good and strong, I hope this continues :) Take care of your teeth as well, it is so important to sustaining good health!

May Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment