Saturday, May 28, 2011

bubble bath

5/26/11  Thursday
Thursday brought a full day that had wings lightening the load.
I had to switch up my work schedule and clean 2-3 houses each day earlier this week but in return I got Thursday off to spend at home!
Jewel awoke with a dry diaper, Yes!  I took her to the bathroom after she awoke and she said, "bubble bath", and I was thrilled to have understood what she said, so next we took a bubble bath :)
It is nice to be able to do this and not say, 'no' because I have to go to work.  I am very grateful for my work, I have the nicest client in the world and I love them.  I am grateful that Jewel lives at home with us and that we can communally take care of her.
Then Jewel went to her body worker with her Da and Raven.
Makena and I stayed behind to clean up, do chores and just spend the morning together.
I have amazing daughters and my life and heart are full, they are a gift and the aroma of life xoxoxo
Then upon Jewel's return it was old fashioned 10 minute oatmeal and organic yogurt, with peppermint tea.
The tea was not a hit, but six sips through a straw are better than none, since her body worker recommends her drinking this to aid with her lungs and get rid of her congestion.  She does not like the tea.
Her O/T came by and we had a session.  Jewel was very relaxed after her session with John the body worker and it made the occupational therapy session so much more manageable.  Angela directed me as I worked with Jewel during the whole session.  Still working on basics, gentle movements as sitting and rocking Jewel to create relaxation, working on stretching and seperating torso from trunk in slow diagonal stretches and as you feel the muscles release, the O/T would stretch Jewels arm, a four armed maneuver.  This is then followed by diagonal arm movements, as in encouraging Jewel to reach for her Barbie doll with out loosing her 'calm and relaxed' body.  We do as much as we can when we can with Jewel with out allowing the tasks to consume our life.  Searching for balance and trying to always remember the lessons I am learning.  Jewel teaches me to slow down and enjoy the moment what ever that is.  She has taught us all so much and in return her sissies have taught her lots and there is so much love and joy amongst the girls.  The older girls have needs and wants that need to be met and some how we make it through another day.  It is always a balancing act.  Jewel teaches me to look deeper at what we call "simple tasks" and into my own heart.  Thank you Jewel, thank you for your light and joy.
I took Jewel to get her bangs/fringe trimmed and Makena's hair trimmed as well.  The salon workers know and love my girls, it is always a special event and treat for them.  I did not wait as long this time, for too soon I know that I would be hearing Jewel say, "cut hair".  Then off to the eye doctor for Jewel's eye exam.  I prepared her for the visit by telling her what to expect, "that we would be there the whole time, and this was not a test, we are just checking the health of your eyes."  Jewel did so well, she chose the symbols instead of the alphabet.  The optometrist was so patient, she waited for Jewel's reply, gold star!  When it came to the picture of the horse, Jewel shouted out, "Cookie Dough", the doctor looked at me confused by the response and we explained that Jewel's horse's name is Cookie Dough.  Her Da was trying to give Jewel help to the correct pictures, and I had to remind them both that this was not  a test of right and wrong.  I talked and directed Jewel through the visit, reminding her to, "breath and relax."  Jewel saw the computer photos of her Da's eyes and she chose to get her eyes photographed as well.  It was challenging to co-ordinate getting her to kneel on the chair and hold her head into the slot and hold her hands while she is trying to tear the machine apart. We managed to get one photo of her eye and this was all she was able to do.  The visit was positive and her eyes are doing well, and the photo shows a strong healthy eye! Whoop! Then off to the horses and garden.
Jewel loves being at the garden, even though I have to hold her up and her head flops about.  Raven loves being there as well and the two of them talk as Raven waters and feeds the horses.  Most times I am verbally cueing Jewel, " stand up on both feet, push down on flat feet, both feet, yes!, that's it, now make like a strong tree, put your roots deep into the ground and push up, lift you head, great work Jewel, ... and on it goes"  I am enjoying these moments more since I am not grading them.  Just learning to slow down, breath in the moment and know that this is good.  When Jewel says, "I do", I say ,"yes you can, right now we are getting you stronger so you can do it on your own later", this is far better than a NO.
Jewel has finished listening to book four from the Harry Potter series.  She enjoys laughing and talking about the books with her sisters.  A full day of being together is the best day on the planet! xx  I love my children. <3

My books are like water; those of the great geniuses are wine.  (fortunately) everybody drinks water.-Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment