Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jewel in her gait trainer!!!!

Makena here, and I feel like a kid in a candy shop, a camera nerd trying on new lens, a photographer with just the right lighting and beautiful models to take photos of in this natural light...eh, you get my idea. :)
Last night Jewel and I decided we had waited long enough and we were going to put together her KidWalk II gait trainer. Today we had had enough and she went in it for the first time.
Immediately after we strapped her in, she said "dance!" and Raven put Ke$ha's cd on and we were all dancing. It was so amazing. I've got some video of Jewel in her gait trainer, and mom's reaction when she first saw Jewel standing without human assistant. And yes, mom and I jumped around in glee.
Now here is some things Jewel has to say about her gait trainer.
Jewel

no way! i walk!

no fair! the color [supposed to be] red!

Makena: Do you like it?

Jewel No! I love it!

Makena:Does anything hurt when you are in it?

Jewel:Butt!

Makena:When you sit instead of stand?

Jewel:Ya

Makena:You are supposed to be standing only. haha


PS. When I showed Jewel the above photo, she didn't like it. I asked her why, and she said because of her shoes. So we will take a new photo when she can show off her shoes to you all. :)



ETA:

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is adorable! I really lovve Jewel, I kinda feel like I know her having read so much about her. I am really really pleased that you've been able to get the gait trainer! I'm just so happy for you. This has put a big smile on my face. I'm glad she loves it and I hope it makes a big difference for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a moment to delight in and melt my heart! Thanks for never doubting or wavering in your faith of things yet not seen Makena and Raven, you are the best sisters ever! xx Mom

    ReplyDelete