Sunday, May 1, 2011

Teaching

The birds are singing up a feast out side this afternoon.  I will never tire listening to their songs and calls, or maybe they are gossiping and reprimanding their children, directing their spouses and talking story with their friends.
Today Jewel and I have been listening to more of the Harry Potter, unabridged on compact discs.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, performance by Jim Dale.
CD #7 already!  Jewel is a seasoned listener to books on tape, I am not thrilled with the reading by Jim Dale, but it is not bad either.
I have been going back to post titles on the blog, Makena said that these are standard on blogs.
I have not done much revision on the posts.  I am sure the posts need attention to grammar and spelling and cohesion.  I must admit some of the posts make me feel a bit embarrassed for I am not as great of a writer as I would like to be.  I also want to share everything useful that can help another family, things that work and things that do not work for us.  I hope I am improving and I will aim to stay away from too much emotional blabbering.  I am awaking to so much awareness,  I have to catch up to Jewel and grow so that I can be the best mother to her.  She is a great and patient teacher to me.  My children have all taught me a lot but Jewel has challenged us to raise the bar of dreams, perseverance and possibilities. I am seeing my small mindedness daily and she gives me the courage to keep growing and keep smiling.
I am happy to say that Jewel has been in her AFOs and wheel chair for most of the day!
Her arms are tight and we have worked on stretching and quick pumping, after this CD I will get her to do some weigh baring on her arms. Weight baring has been a challenge but I have attempted to help Jewel weigh bare and work on arm stretching.
Movie:
We are watching, Rory O'Shea Was Here
A friend ship between two young men, one having the challenge of muscular dystrophy and the other cerebral palsy.  They are very spirited young men who are at a ripe age of young adulthood, facing the choices and hardship dealt to us all.  It is rated R for colorful language and most likely not for the faint and pale.
1hr/45min. 2004  (though I am pretty sure it is longer) We have put it on pause, even though I hate to do this, we have just been burning the candle at both ends.  Cio.
5/2/11 Just finished watching Rory O'Shea Was Here
I laughed out loud and felt the energy and heart of their lives.  "Life is a thief" and "Inside I am dancing", have left its rub on me.  At times I hurt inside my chest and tears stung my breath.  I loved this movie.  It was raw, refined and real.  It dealt with shit we all deal with and the beauty of the friendship between Rory and Michelle resinated deep with in.  Because if you have not loved, like the love a friendship,  then you have not lived, (agape).  A spark of life!
Top!
 http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/rory-oshea-was-here/trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment