Monday, May 30, 2011

Friends and summer

5/29/11 Sunday
I went to the acupuncturist to see how it would be, and I think I will get a lot of benefit just for my health and to get balanced.  Sam is good, I can not imagine how Jewel will do when we get to take her for she is in constant motion and she gets very tight.  He said not to worry, we will deal with that when we get to that point in time at her session.  He encouraged me to stay in the present and not project fears into the future or go to negative places from the past.  I had a great relaxing session and will go again.  Sam said if the needles do not work for Jewel then he will use a form of acupuncture.
Jewel's friend got to come to visit with her at the pool today.  We roasted corn,potatoes, sweet potatoes and had hot dogs.  The girls are so good together,  Ava and Jewel are real friends.  They swam and Raven held Jewel in the pool and her whole body got so relaxed, she does not have to fight gravity as much in the pool especially the parts in the water.  Then the O/T arrived and we did the aqua therapy, it was great to see Jewel's hands so open and all in all it was a good session.  Jewel seems to get frustrated at some points and it is hard for her to move on beyond the frustration or anger at times.  It is also challenging for us to under stand the source of these emotions at times.We helped her weight bare on her arms on a boogie board and there was a lot of support and encouragements, especially since her sisters and friend were all there.  Jewel gets very hurt when her Da says he will be there or he will be back and he does not show.  She is amazingly intelligent and sensitive in spite of her physical disability.  I want to protect my children from everything and unfortunately I can not.  Makena and Raven's friends who are visiting came by and they had a lot of fun together, the girls are sweet and nice and together they are all in their element talking about books, dreams, college and stuff.  What I love about Anna, Kate, and Aspen the most is that they love their families especially their siblings, so they understand and respect our closeness and how Makena and Raven always watch out for Jewel.  These girls always talk directly to Jewel and I love them all.  Last night Makena told Jewel not to sass her and they spoke about Jewel's friend.  Makena asked Jewel if she saw her friend sass her mom and Jewels reply was, "no, I turned my head."  She always cracks us up, always a funny girl.  We made too much food and will have a lot of left overs, though the water melon sure got eaten up fast :)  Friends and summer, a perfect combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment