Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Unending Gratitude

5/31/11 Tuesday is last day of May
It truly has been a full month, filled with lots of gifts.
Jewel awoke with another dry overnight diaper, more dry diapers than not!
They say that gratitude brings us into the present moment.
I am grateful for my daughters, Makena, Raven and Jeweliana and their bubbling personalities, their vibrance, and their creativity.  I am grateful for my children's energy and good health.  I am grateful for the silence and the sounds of life, to be able to hear my children's voices and giggles.  I am grateful to hear Jewel's voice coming in clearly.  I am grateful for Jewel's dry overnight diapers, her ability to control her bladder and bowel movements,  her ability to tell us she needs to go to the bathroom, her ability to eat, drink and breath.  I am grateful for Jeweliana's gains and positive attitude. I cherish our time/s together for each moment great or hard is a gift.  I am thankful that we live in a place that values family and children no matter of their ability.  I am grateful that my girls and I watch each others backs, that I have fun loving girl friends and that I belong to HSLDA who look out for our freedom to homeschool.  I am grateful for my great clients who support me.  I am grateful for our therapists.  I am grateful for the dreams we have dreamt that have brought us where we are today.  I am grateful for a mind and heart that believes in things yet not seen and for believing in the endless possibilities available to us.  I am grateful for Jewel's desire to ride in the Rodeo fourth of July parade.  I am grateful for strength, joy and provisions for today :)

"Dreams are the seeds of change.  Nothing ever grows without a seed, and nothing ever changes without a dream." Debby Boone

Our O/T session was good.  Jewel got to stretch over a very large medicine ball.  We were able to put her in some nice positions with the ball supporting and stretching her body.  We were able to look at Jewel's chair and her needs.  I am told that a wheel chair should give  90 degree ankle, 90 degree knee and 90 degree hip position and support.  We will be researching a new chair for her.  The therapist said that  Jewel's diagnosis is spastic cerebral palsy with athetoid and left hip subluxation, shallow acetabulum.  She also has tonic neck reflexes and a bunch of other reflexes.  This will help us with the directions of therapy but we will never limit Jewel and our hopes, dreams and expectations for her xx



No comments:

Post a Comment