Sunday, March 13, 2011

helping each other

3/13/11 Sunday
It feels like a week has gone by since Japan got hit with earthquake,tsunami, fires, flooding, death, nuclear reactors in danger of melt downs.
We are emotionally exhausted, just from feeling so sad for the people of Japan and the bombardment of bad news from that area.
Evacuating showed us that we need to refine our list and look at how we can improve.
I went to get gas at 9pm that thursday evening and it was gridlock already, the gas stations were a traffic jam.
Jewel's ears are tuned into the news now. I am keeping the news watch to mute on the computer so as not to scare her.
Since we evacuated on thursday evening her high tone has kicked in on high mode.
When we were at my friends house where she became as stiff as an ironing board, I fed her some chamomile tea and this had a slight calming effect, healthy food also has a grounding effect on her body. Taking her outside the next day and letting her watch some movies was a good distraction for her mind, and of course her faithful service dog Grace is always at Jewel's side. No one slept on thursday evening, Jewel asked questions all night long, like; "what now, how are people, what happening,..." she blabbered these questions all night long.
She has not been in her hip adductor brace since she is fighting it too hard at this time.
I wonder about all the special needs children of Japan and I hope that they are comfortable and comforted. Jewel drinks water constantly, she eats three huge meals and snacks throughout the day. Then I wonder about the people in Japan with out food and water, I am so glad that we are able to help, even in a small way.
I am grateful for our sense of community, our desire and willingness to help each other.
I am thankful for my good friends and our love for family.
I am thankful for this evening.
May God bless and keep us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment