Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Raising the bar

3/7/11 Monday
Jewel is happy :)

Including Samuel, a documentary by Dan Habib
www.includingsamuel.com
We received the DVD and it is a lovely documentary on Samuel's family, challenges of Cerebral Palsy and other special needs families. It is a positive voice, we need this! Please check it out!

Feeling rather like an under achiever today, I know this not true but still wishing I could do more for and with Jewel.

Almost done with the book daughter by mark stewart-jones, and I just do not want it to end.
It is a worthy book to purchase and read, again giving a voice to cerebral palsy. Amazing story of Sophie and her father, her story is very encouraging and inspiring, talk about raising the bar and dreams!! Loving this book. Thank you for sharing your story with me!!

The first thing Jewel said to me when I took her to the bathroom yesterday morning was, "thank you umbrella mommy" and "I love you". How could I resist but to go on line with her sisters and find her a dolly umbrella! Actually we found some on e-bay for $2.99 so I bough each girl an umbrella for their dolls :) Happy day!
She did this for her brown leggings, kept asking for them, even though she did not own a pair. Every morning Jewel picks out what she wants to wear and it was brown leggings, after a week of this I drove to the store and bough her a pair. She said; "I hate grey!, hate grey leggings".
End of story, now she has purple, pink (light, dark and sparkly) , green, brown, black with silver sparkles, and jeggins (jean leggings). She is too skinny and small for regular pants and the ones that fit are too short. So leggings to the solution. This girl has an eye for fashion and knows what she wants. It is good to wear what you love, honor that!

Feeling overwhelmed. Feeling positive. Our lives are worth living. Feeling inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment