Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Choices

3/1/11
"I understand you, and I shall not attempt to make you change your mind...I have told you what I think, and that is all. I shall remain your friend even if you act contrary to my convictions, and I shall help you even if I disagree with you." Milan Kundara


Last night I pulled the plug on the documentary that was going to be about Jewel's story. I felt that all they wanted to portray was a poor unfortunate soul and send money. My daughter's life is worth living, she is more than her label people! Think I may do the doc. my self!

I am ultimately grateful for this experience, for the learning curve was fast and fears.  It made us come together and communicate as a family, a team.  This experience tested our resolve, we had to think and weigh the options for the whole family, we had to feel good about the final outcome.  If we are going to put together a video or documentary, we need to be in full control, and we need to feel good about it.  If a project does not feel right then something is wrong.  We were forced to look deep through the cloudy emotions and we exercised our choice to protect Jewel and our family and what a liberty not to take for granted.

‎"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

No comments:

Post a Comment