Friday, March 4, 2011

What makes us peers?

3/4/11  Still raining out, still absorbed by book; daughter by mark stewart-jones

Silly me; I have always thought in context of me/us fighting for Jewel's life, I have never thought on how she is a survivor and that she has a great will to live.

Pondering on what activities make us peers with Jewel; Jewel and her sissies, Jewel and her Da, Jewel and I... that place where it is not about ability vs. lack of ability...

Laughing with us, watching TV with us, singing with her sisters, her love for books, looking at Art at the Art Galleries (Jewel loves wood sculptures), riding Cookie Dough her horse with or without a back rider, dreaming, making up stories, re-naming people/animals, telling us that; "I hate grey", "give away", "No", "Yesss", conversations & talking with her, teasing her sisters about boys :), listening to books on CD, when she can sing rap songs by heart with her sisters. Jewel is a auditory learner.

This evening Jewel said that she wanted to paint more, read better, take Grace out more, (Grace is her service companion dog from Hawaii Canines for Independence), learn about dragons, dance more! I think we should all do more of the above !!

No comments:

Post a Comment