Sunday, March 27, 2011

Goodbye CP -movie

3/27/11
DVD ; Goodbye CP directed by Kazuo Hara
I ordered this dvd from Netflix.
It is not for the faint of heart or for the young parent or underaged viewer.
It is a stark & honest voice from a group CP male activists.
This documentary is not for everyone.
I was taken in by the black and white starkness, the culture and social statements from the 70s CP young adults in Japan.
The subjects tell their story in their own creative way.
I would not have been able to watch this in the past.
That is all I have to say.





Makena said I should tell you more of how I personally felt and what I thought while watching this documentary.
It made me think because these young men were thought provoking with some of their statements about life with CP. They are activists bring CP to the public in Japan in the 70's. I was intrigued by the footage, hearing some of the parent's speak and was impressed with a bystander's comment in the beginning. Parts of the doc. made me feel uncomfortable, at times I was astounded by their determination to be independent. They were living their life on their terms. At one part I was angry by some ones statement about violating another. They openly discuss, comment & express their sexual experiences. They were very transparent, honest with sharing their thoughts. Beatnik artists, this is not the sweet fuzzy Disney production but rather raw.

says posted by Makena but she was just still signed in, actually posted by Ivana

No comments:

Post a Comment