Thursday, April 14, 2011

Helping hands

4/14/2011 Thursday
Makena got her top two wisdom teeth taken out this morning, owie :(
When she got her bottom two taken out I opted for pain free and said they could give her local anesthetic, it turned out that her heart rate was real low. This could be Makena's base line but never the less it scared the surgeon, and seeing him so concerned left me worrying and so uncomfortable. I swore I would never put any of my children under just to avoid some pain, the risks and variables can turn against your favor. I would rather have my child safe and in pain, than with no pain and in high risk! Pain is a part of life and a big part of ours.
While we were at the oral surgeon, Jewel was at John's house getting her body work done.
Thank you John ! It is so humbling to see the people come rallying along side Jewel, trying to aid her to be pain free. Jewel has been so knotted up lately, the pain in her hips and the pinching in her muscles has its mark on us. I would love her to be pain free but at what cost, everything has such a high price in her life.
Pool sessions are so fun. Jewel had her occupational therapy session in the pool, mostly in the hot tub since she was so tight and her shoulders seemed stuck and frozen stiff. After an hour in the pool, hot tub and pool again, her body loosened up and her mind was able to briefly travel to banana bread. Crystal the o/t said to Jewel to think on something that makes her happy, "try to visualize it". Then Jewel smiled and said,"banana bread" :) She got it!
The session was amazing, Makena filmed part of it and hopefully some day we can post some segments of these sessions. Thank you Crystal for your passion to help and your healing hands. Jewel listens to Crystal and follows through on her verbal directions, it is lovely to watch how this student teacher relationship has grown and it has all been built on love. Crystal always proceeds with love. I wish I could hook an iv up to myself and Crystal and download all her knowledge, making me a better Mommy. I have learnt a lot but never enough, sometimes it is too much to bare but today is a gift. I delight in my children, take a deep breath and carry on.
Sometimes Jewel cries when I am sad, it is like we are somehow deeply connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment