Monday, April 18, 2011

Creative

4/18/11 Monday
I asked Jewel if she has something to say and she said,"no".
She had a lot to say this morning.
She told her Da that she "hated" him.
She was cross that he did not come home to go to the movie with her as planned.
Raven told Jewel that, "it is not good to hate".
So Makena decided to get Jewel to do some "angry art". Jewel chose two colors, blue for sad and red for mad/angry.
I like how Makena redirected the focus to something constructive and still allowed Jewel to express her emotions.
We all depend on each other yet we have to be able to find our own center inside, that place of peace and love that will help us carry on. We can not allow these destructive emotions to corrode our hearts.
This is a tough one but with our help we will support Jewel to be better and not bitter.

Hippo therapy with Crystal our O/T was amazing. She has been able to maintain her work with Jewel on Cookie Dough aka Billy.
I see muscle memory being built and a foundation being lade. 30 min w/ Crystal on the old horse, thank you Cookie Dough. His tripping causes great anxiety and stress to Raven and I, but Crystal is always able to stay focus on the session and she just trusts in the process. Makena filmed most of the session and she will transfer this on to a CD so we can study it. Thank you Makena and Raven for always giving from your hearts, you are blessings to both Jewel and I. Doing family as a team is the only way.

A new word for Jewel today, she said that she was,"creative!", and it was said clearly as we all heard and understood her.
Yes, Jeweliana you are very creative! :)

A good day homeschooling, everyone chipped in and Jewel did 1hr 20min. in her stander. This piece of equipment is the super stand from prime engineering.

4 comments:

  1. Robin, I tried three times, but it keeps coming up "URL contains illegal (letters or something)" Maybe you could post it for me. I would like her to receive messages of encouragement and appreciatiion.

    I would post: (you could say, my friend, Vicki sends you this message):

    I almost don't have words, only feelings. The courage, love, and selflessness of Jewel's mother touches such a deep place . . . deep like the compassion I feel for the courage and pathos and heroic spirit of the Japanese community . . . seeing a single man playing a traditional flute at the site of the tsunami. My heart and prayers will forever be with Jewel and her family. They have the kind of spiritual clarity in the midst of their daily life that one rarely finds in our every-day world, but for these extraordinary challenges. "Hope is not an emotion, it's what we do" (paraphrased) remains with me. What depth and sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this all... I cant stop reading everything. its like an entire book of your life. Ive never read any blog before, and when your a part of it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading some of it Crystal, we love you! -Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mahalo Robin and Vicki,
    Sending you both love - Ivana

    ReplyDelete