Saturday, April 30, 2011

The body responds

4/30/11 Saturday

Yes, this morning Jewel awoke with another dry over night diaper!
After taking her swash hip adductor brace off, we did gentle bed dancing.  I gently worked on stretching her arms and legs, worked on diagonal movements and transitions from laying to sitting.  Her body responded and kept relaxed.  Then it was off to the bathroom with no false alarms and into her fresh clothes and AFOs :)   After self care I put her right into the wheelchair, not on the floor or soft tumble form chair where she would loose her functional body alignment.  I am catching on!

Makena brought Harry Potter on CD home for Jewel from the Library, thank Makena!
Jewel has been raised listening to us read to her and listening to books on tape and CD.
She has been sucked into the books and enjoys each disk.  Disk number four already :)

Jewel clocked in two sittings of 1hr each in her super stand, (stander) from Prime Engineering, way to go Jewel!

Jewel's body is responding to the bindings of her wheelchair, AFOs and stander!  We are so encouraged!  It feels like the gates of heaven have opened in her favour.

A family leaving the Island gave me some of their left over food which included whole wheat Matzah.  At dinner I gave Jewel some Matzah and explained what kind of bread this was and the story of passover.  Then Jewel responded; "I love you God."


We have been cleaning Grace's ears and teeth and I will dremel  her nails to keep them short.  Grace is Jewel's companion therapy dog and my fourth daughter.

I am trying to encourage Raven to write some posts from her perspective, since she and Jewel spend so much time together and they are very close.  All the girls are very close, it is something so special to watch!

I am still under the weather with my swollen throat gland.
Be well

No comments:

Post a Comment