Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fall down

4/26/11 Monday morning, no it is Tuesday morning, just feels like Monday.

Fall down go boom.  I am a good and attentive mommy, and this morning I did what I do every morning.
Jewel was on the bed, I was changing her and went to throw the over night diaper away, and she slid off the bed!!!!!  Yes, I know that this should never have happened, .... she silently slid off the bed and landed on her knees, it just took a second.  I was back in the room and the soft thump was like a thousand deaths.  She was fine, thank God!  It could have been breakfast at the emergency room with stitches.
The amazing thing was that she landed with correct posture.  She said, "a little scary".
Feeling like a bad Mommy,  I will not leave her alone on the bed, for the side pillows did not stop her, she slid down, feet first.  What I mean is, Jewel did not go over the side, just feet down.  She is fine, no cuts, scrapes or bruises.  She did not even cry.
I will encourage her to yell next time she needs help.
Today I feel super blessed and thankful for the angels that surround Jewel.

I am sick today, with stuffed up sinuses and throbbing head ache.  No horses today!

Learning from this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment