Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Apple Juice

4/19/11 Tuesday
Jewel started her morning with, "apple juice", "apple juice", "really want apple juice".
Gary said,"we do not have any apple juice", and her response was,
"make some!". So he made fresh apple juice since we had organic apples and we have a juicer.
Jewel knows what she wants and she will keep asking for it until she gets it and you are broken.
Now it is ,"egg" through out the day. Jewel is excited about Easter and wants to hold her Easter basked. Her focus can be charming until it is 2:30 am and she is still focusing on her leg,"owie leggie", or "can't sleep", this is enough to push me over the edge. Contrary to,"love is all we need" a body needs a fair protein of sleep. Sometimes I want to run away so I can get some sleep. Last night I could not cope any more, Jewel's constant jabber and whining pushed me to my edge, I migrated to the couch, my refuge, and passed out there for some deeply needed sleep. Over the past ten years Jewel has trained me to survive with broken and interrupted sleep. I can get by with a lot less sleep and even sleep with one eye and ear open, but I still need to sleep. With out it I am a grizzly Mama Bear!

Jewel did another 1 1/2 hours in her stander, yippee kay ay! :)
I took Jewel to the pool with Raven and we had an,"Ah ha moment".
First we just hung out in the pool and tried to do some weight baring on the floatie.
I am always trying to duplicate an O/T pool session, sometimes this can be stressful so I just try to encourage diagonal movements and functional body patterns, otherwise it will not be fun. I did not feel like I was in control and able to duplicate much of Crystal's last pool session with Jewel. Then I took her into the hot tub and continued to work on twists, thus separating trunk from hips and diagonals. After a while Jewel relaxed and we went back into the pool, it was cold for her so I kept it short. I said for her to find the bottom of the pool with her feet and she did! It took a while but she did! Then I asked her to find one of the steps with her feet and encouraged her to lift her own leg up, I waited a while and she did this as well! So I repeated this until she climbed the three pool steps, while I supported her trunk and head. Then I verbally queued her to get out of the pool, one more step and she did this too. After this she took three steps with lots of support and verbal queues. She said she was,"done" and Raven and I were so happy as we cheered and congratulated Jewel. Since last night was so hard for us both this may have been too much for her, so I will need to work more on strengthening her hips so she will not experience such pain after. I gave her Calm water which has magnesium and calcium and 1 teaspoon ibuprofen incase she was in pain and had some inflammation. I will reflect and see what else we can to for a successful repeat. I have joined the, I do not need much but I love uninterrupted sleep club.

No comments:

Post a Comment